Cottagecore represents a back to basics simplicity with a wistful romantic look at rustic country.
So, I’ve been hearing a lot about cottagecore, so I thought we could explore this new terminology for cottage aesthetic here today! Have you heard it yourself lately?
From Architectural Digest (Source),“As a concept, it embraces a simpler, sustainable existence that is more harmonious with nature. Aesthetically, it’s a nod to the traditional English countryside style, romantic and nostalgic,” says Davina Ogilvie, founder of Wovn Home.
Cottagecore at its essence is coziness at home, gardening, homemade bread, and a lived in look for your home. I’m sure we can all agree that more time spent at home during the pandemic definitely influenced the way we use and view our home and style. Cottagecore inspires a whimsical and less complicated view of life. As a culture, we’ve turned to the past to soothe what is happening in the world today.
How can you hop into the Cottagecore lifestyle?
- Vintage and handmade goods~ Attempt on your own a new craft like embroidery or knitting
- Embrace nature and bring it indoors~ grow your own plants and flowers and bring them indoors also add houseplants to your home
- Use natural materials such as stone, wood, linen and wool
- Score secondhand furniture and decor
- Showcase family heirlooms and quilts
- Display coffee table books about cottages, gardening etc.
- Hide technology to create a timeless feel
- Floral dresses, tiered fabric and loose bohemian vibes in clothing
I’ve shared several Instagram accounts through the Home & Living Weekly series (LINK) that are perfect inspiration for this Cottagecore look. Here are a few more I think you will love!
Cottagecore Shopping Ideas
Also, my White Cottage Home Store has tons of vintage home decor, cottage items for sale which I can ship directly to your home! Shop Online at White Cottage Home Store (LINK).