Today I have teamed up with a number of other bloggers to share with you some of our favorite holiday recipes! Thank you Deanna at Play dough & Popsicles for hosting this fun hop! If you are new here, welcome!
For my good eats recipe, I am going to show you a yummy way to jazz up mammas cranberries for the holidays!
I’ll be honest with you, I’m not a huge fan of cranberries! However, I feel like they are such a holiday tradition, that I’m always looking for ways to incorporate them into my holiday meals.
If you are like me, no need to worry because I’m telling you, you are going to love these cranberries! I first spotted this recipe in the New York Times and was immediately intrigued to try them. I did and oh my! These cranberries are spicy and sweet at the same time. Is that possible? Yes, it is! Jalapenos, and cayenne give the tart cranberries a much-needed kick! Let’s just say it is like a party in your mouth! 🙂
And not to mention, they are beautiful on the table. Bright, colorful and festive among the other bland holiday dishes.
Let’s get down to how you make these cranberries.
INGREDIENTS & PREPARATION
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large jalapeños, preferably red, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger (I used powder and a bit less)
- 12 ounces cranberries
- Put sugar, jalapeños, lemon juice, salt and cayenne in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup water, then stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve sugar, and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and cranberries, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let mixture cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have softened and no liquid remains in pan, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and taste. Add more cayenne or jalapeños if desired. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Not only would these be good with your turkey dinner, but these are yummy enough to eat alone or like a relish on breads.
To see what good eats my bloggy friends have shared with you, all you have to do is click on the image below to take you to the full list of eats and treats!
Thanks for stopping by!