Bathrooms that Make a Statement
Do you believe that bathrooms are just for function only or do you think that bathrooms need to be stylish, pretty rooms also? You are probably already guessing which side of the fence I’m on with that question! I definitely see each room in my home as an opportunity to decorate and style. Today, we are talking about Bathrooms in our Room by Room Summer Showcase series. Bathrooms can be pretty boring spaces if not given the attention they deserve. They are sometimes overlooked and understyled. I had one of those such bathrooms in my home until recently. It was time to change all that and make it a statement bathroom instead. If you have been following along with My Life From Home, then you may have already seen this special room, it’s my Modern Farmhouse Bathroom and I am in love with it!
This space is all about the statement wall which we created with cement tile. It reaches all the way up behind the vanity to the vaulted ceiling. Everything else about our space was designed around this tile. It definitely makes a bold statement! In order to not compete with the tile, we chose neutral colors, subway tile, and wood to accent the space.
Are you ready to make a statement in your bathroom?
Ideas on How to Style Your Bathroom
- Go Bold~ Believe it or not, small spaces CAN handle going bold. Paint, wallpaper, tile, or stencil your walls or floor for a statement.
- Accessorize~ Add artwork and accessories to give life and color to your space.
- Use Vintage items for storage. These pieces can add interest to your space. I used a vintage black cabinet I found at a local antique store for storing extra bathroom supplies. Even consider silver cups, milk glass, or other vessels for storing your bathroom supplies.
- Fixtures don’t have to be typical bathroom fixtures. I used barn lights as my vanity lights. I’ve also seen others use outdoor plumbing for faucets.
- Add greenery. A lot of plants do well in areas with humidity and moisture. If there’s room, add an oversized plant to make a statement.
- Embrace texture! Baskets, rattan, and other texture add style to a small space.
I’ve found that in decorating, each space must have a focal point. If you are interested in learning more about focal points, I covered that design idea in this post, HERE. It is a place for your eye to rest when it enters the room. Adding a statement on your wall, floor, or furniture can create a focal point. In my recent One Room Challenge space, I created a statement with a full chalkboard wall for my Functional & Stylish Home Office Space which you can see, HERE.
Here are the other week’s of our Room by Room series if you need to catch up.
Now, let’s see what our friends have showcased this week!
To life feeling like home!