It is possible to update a room without spending a dime and today I’m going to give you 5 easy ways!
This is a subject that I’ve longed to talk about for awhile. Often times, I think we believe that the only ways to update a space are to buy something new. That can genuinely make sense in certain situations, but also just a few simple changes without spending any money can make a huge impact on your room!
5 Tips for Updating Your Home Without Spending a Dime
- Rearrange Furniture~ An easy way to create a whole new look is to move furniture around. Even taking a piece from one room and moving it into another one. Think outside the box when it comes to furniture. Dressers will work in almost any space from the foyer for storage to a nightstand. Also, armoires are great in a family room for enclosed storage and even a kitchen for a pantry.
- Exchange Pillows & Blankets~ Pull up your heavy blankets and exchange for lighter blankets. Swap out pillows between rooms. Also, you can take your heavy quilt from the winter and fold it over the end of the bed to create a new look for summer.
- Move Plants~ Breathe new life into your plants by moving them to a new window or room.
- Pull up Rugs~ Pull up heavy rugs for summer and leave your wood or tile floors bare for a season.
- Move Lighting~ Table lamps are easy to move from room to room. Not only does different lighting in rooms create a new look but adding one to a different area just might encourage a new uses of that space.
Here I added a lamp to this console table behind my couch.
I moved a desk from our family room into the bedroom for a nightstand by the bed. You can see more in this post (LINK).
The armoire here in the living room used to be in our bedroom. Now, I use it to store all of my gift wrapping etc.
I hope this inspires you to make some changes this season that don’t cost a dime! It’ll update a space and you’ll feel good about using what you already have!