Are you a big Superbowl fan? Who are you rooting for? I don’t get all that excited about the game, but I do enjoy the snacks and the commercials 🙂 This year, I will probably hang out with my neighbors. My hub will be away this weekend to a pond hockey tournament and will be watching from afar.
Today I put together a fun football snack that would be perfect for Sunday or any other Game Day treat. This is super easy and even your kids can get in on the decorating! These will be enjoyed by both adults and kids!
This recipe will yield 1 dozen football graham crackers:
6 sheets of graham crackers (broken in half)
1T plus 1T solid shortening
1/2 cup Wilton dark green chocolate melts
1/2 cup Wilton dark cocoa chocolate melts
Wilton white decorating icing
1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 tablespoon shortening for 40 seconds or until melted.
3. Add the green chocolate melts and stir until melted.
4. Dip 6 of the graham cracker squares into the melted green chocolate, covering each cracker evenly. Gently lay on the baking sheet to “set” for 15 minutes.
5. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 tablespoon shortening for 40 seconds or until melted.
6. And the dark cocoa chocolate melts and stir until melted.
7. Dip the remaining six graham cracker squares into the melted dark cocoa chocolate and cover completely. Lay on the baking sheet for 15 minutes to “set.”
8. With the white decorating icing tube, pipe a line down the middle of each green graham cracker.
9. Pipe two small lines to the left and two small lines to the right of the centerline to resemble markings of a football field.
10. Add yardage numbers such as 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 up at the top of each cracker.
11. Using the white decorating tube, pipe a line down the middle of each dark cocoa graham cracker.
12. And several small lines going across the middle line to resemble the laces of a football.
Aren’t these so cute?!!! Who’s going to try these out for the weekend?
Need more inspiration? Check out this post on the perfect Game Day dip!
This post contains affiliate links, see full disclosure here.