Ok friends, I’ve had a lot more readers join me in the last few months, so, first of all, I wanted to say Welcome and Thank YOU! I feel honored that you spend even a few minutes every day reading this blog. I love to hear from you and anytime you feel compelled, please leave me a note or comment!
I’m starting a new series, called “Ask Amy.” For this first post, I thought I’d tell you some things about myself. I may not be that interesting, but I promise I’ll try. You may even have a laugh or two!
These are not in any specific order.
1. I am 5’11 inches tall
Thus the variety of nicknames I had growing up including but not limited to: bird, giraffe, Olive Oyl. Ugh to the nicknames, but I’ve grown to appreciate the height.
2. I never played Basketball
Just because you’re tall doesn’t mean you are a basketball player people! Jeesh. I hate that question. Maybe it was because I was completely uncoordinated.
3. I am oddly good at very weird sports
To tag on with the one above, I tend to excel at off the wall sports like bowling, curling (yes, curling), darts and synchronized swimming. Oh, and head banging. Yes, it is a sport and I have been known to show off my skills once in a while. Usually after glasses of wine.
4. I wanted to be a fashion designer
I started school in fashion but changed to teaching. I still sometimes wonder, “what if?”
5. I love chick flicks
I have a personal collection of my favorites which include: The Holiday (my fav!), Pretty Woman, Leap Year, 27 dresses, Sweet Home Alabama, You’ve got mail etc.
6. I’m from a really small town and moving to Cincinnati was like moving to the “Big City”
I love all things Cincinnati. Best decision I ever made. 6a. But, if I could choose to live anywhere, it would be near the ocean.
7. I am obsessed with throw pillows
My daughter steers me away when she sees pillows because she knows I can’t say no. “Walk away from the pillows!” Who didn’t like a couch full of pillows? I ask.
8. I have watched every season of the Bachelor/ Bachelorette
Shameful, I know, but very entertaining.
9. I have the most amazing parents
I come from a very small family. My dad was an only child, my mom has one brother who had one child, so I have only one cousin and a younger brother. I cherish all the family I can get. They make me laugh and are extremely supportive. I am blessed.
10. I have been in almost all of the 50 states
I am missing, Alaska, Oregon, N. Dakota, and Washington. We took road trips every summer growing up to National Parks. Lots of car rides in the old mini van, but great memories.
11. Our family went to South Africa on vacation.
We took a safari and spent a week in Capetown. It was the best vacation ever! You can read more about our South Africa adventure HERE.
12. I am a Christ Follower
and have been since I was 6 years old. My beliefs make me who I am today.
13. I co- hosted my first ever charity event last spring
I was scared to death friends, but I did it and now I am hoping to make it an annual event. You can read more about our Swap for a Change event HERE.
14. I love to shop thrift stores, Good Will and Antique stores
I have all kinds of collections dating back to my first collection of shot glasses from all the places we visited on vacation. What amazing parent buys their 6-year-old a shot glass, lol.
15. In the game “I Never,” I always win with “I never have been on a billboard.”
Yes, I have the hilarious picture to prove it.
16. If I could live in jeans, I would
I am a casual person and love a good pair of jeans. I rarely wear skirts or dresses. And due to the height, heels are not my friend.
17. I love watching my kids play sports
I am so proud of them for trying, especially since I wasn’t coordinated (see above, lol). Watching them play is one of my favorite things to do.
18. I got engaged under the Eiffel Tower
My husband wanted to make sure I said yes. I did and have never regretted it.
19. I love spending time with my friends
Greg and I have amazing friends that we love to hang out with.
20. I don’t like hand cream
There is something about it that I can’t stand. It makes me feel like my hands are dirty? I’ve tried really hard to find one that absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave my hands feeling sticky/ slimy. If you’ve got a suggestion, let me know!
21. I think I have a better side
I always readjust myself when getting my picture taken because I think I look better from one side. Maybe it’s something about the way my hair falls. Who knows!
22. I am not a good cleaner. I own a Roomba and run it twice a day.
Best money I’ve ever spent.
23. We eat at the same restaurant almost every Friday
We have a sports bar down the street and similar to Cheers, the waitresses know us and know what we order. My kids run around and different sets of friends show up each time.
24. I can’t live without coffee
It doesn’t matter which kind. I only use cream in it.
25. I’ve always wanted to adopt and we haven’t taken that off the table yet 🙂
What Twenty-Five things should I know about you?
Tell me by commenting below.
And come back tomorrow to hear about some of my latest obsessions!